Thursday, November 20, 2014

My First Influence

Giving credit where credit is due.
I know that my interest in cartooning started with this gentleman. Some of my earliest memories, and I mean as early as I can recall, come from watching Bugs Bunny on the J.P. Patches show in Seattle. His show began the same year I was born and I became a lifetime fan. Folks not from around here never can seem to grasp how important he was and still is for local people who watched his show. Not only did he have wonderful cartoons his humor was infectious. 

His show had it all at one time or another when it came to cartoons. He had old black and white cartoons, Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies, Huckleberry Hound and Yogi Bear, Roger Ramjet plus others I have surely forgotten.

In fact long ago when I drew this image of a lion tamer and I had Ketchikan the Animal Man in mind as I was drawing it.


Many, many thanks to J.P. and Gertrude! I owe you a debt I can never repay. 





1 comment: